Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Not Your Normal Turkey Burgers

Today is/was a beautiful day. It was warm. There was a breeze. I got to spend my time outside mowing grass. Perfect day if you ask me.

However, I did stupidly wear a bright fuscia sports bra under my white shirt today. And after an hour of sweating the shirt looks tie-dyed perfectly around the boob area. Perfectly.

I really hope it comes out. I really liked that white shirt.

So, I'm not really a huge red meat fan. I'll chose something else, anything else, over it any day. But sometimes you just want a big juicy burger, because there is nothing like bitting into a burger. At least during the grilling season. I solve my dilemma of hating red meat, but liking burgers by substituting the red meat for turkey or chicken. This recipe is the result of it.

Turkey Burgers
1 lb ground turkey
2 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped (plus a tblsp of the sauce)
1/2 large red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c feta cheese
1 package frozen spinach, thawed
2 tblsp your favorite grill seasoning

Sauce
1 c greek yogurt
2 tbslp adobo sauce




It couldn't be easier. Just mix all ingredients together until everything is evenly through the meat. You don't want to overwork your meat, so only mix as much as necessary to make sure every bite has all ingredients.

Form into patty size of your choice. But remember they shrink and swell. So, I tend to make small patties but make an indent in the middle so they cook into flat burgers.










Grill 4-5 minutes on high heat to get the grill marks we all know and love. I generally then move mine to lower heat to finish cooking. It will probably take another 5 minutes, depending on patty size.

While the burgers are grilling, mix the greek yogurt and adobo sauce. Let chill until ready to serve.












Let your burger rest a few minutes before serving. Once ready top with yogurt sauce and serve on a toasted bun of your choice. Let me know what you think and what have you substituted for red meat?






No comments:

Post a Comment